JAX CHAMBER THREE RIVERS COUNCIL (TRC) SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Three Rivers Council of the Jax Chamber is pleased to offer a $1,000 college scholarship to a deserving high school student for the 2021-22 school year! In order to qualify for the scholarship, there are only a few requirements:
- You must have a connection to the TRC (formerly West or North side) region of Jacksonville, west of the St Johns River: either you live, go to school, or one of your parents works in the demographic area.
- You must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.0.
- You must be enrolled to attend an accredited two- or four-year college in the fall of 2021.
- You must complete this application in full, including a one-page essay about why you should be awarded the scholarship. The application must be completed in this Word format (take as much room as you like to answer) and emailed to Barbara Vick at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14, 2021.
- If you are selected, you must provide your high school transcript (or other proof of your graduation/GPA), proof of your SAT/ACT score(s), and proof of your college acceptance. In addition, you must attend the Three Rivers Council July or August lunch, or the July or August breakfast to meet the members, introduce yourself, and tell us about your college plans.
The scholarship may be awarded in two parts: $500 for the fall semester and $500 for the spring semester. In order to receive the spring semester award, you will need to provide proof that you earned at least a 2.5 GPA for the fall semester and that you completed at least 12 semester hours. The money will be deposited into the student’s account at the college.
The scholarship program is a way for the Three Rivers Council to give back to the community. Our members work together throughout the year participating in fundraisers that support our local students.
The 2021-2022 school year application is now open!
For more information, please contact
Barbara Vick at email@example.com